This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Justin
So I removed the fuel tank, all the wiring looks good underneath. It's all what you'd expect for a bike that has been stored since new. Running out of ideas now.
By Adrian
Well, the theory ought to be simple enough:

Power to flasher unit.

Power from flasher unit to indicator switch.

Power from indicator switch to indicators, L or R

Earth current from indicators to earth.

Can't remember how the warning light is wired, though! Should be in the manual.

A.
By Adrian
From a hasty re-read of this topic, your next item to check should be the handlebar switch for the indicator inside the l/h switch cluster. Assuming it's the Minda switch for a later 350, I have had wires come adrift inside one of those before. You can dismantle the switch itself to some extent, careful not to lose small screws, etc.

Have you tried running a temporary wire from the flusher unit to the r/h indicators? If they start working, the problem is in the switch area.

A.
By Justin
Ah, good idea. I have taken the switch apart and "jumped" the teminals only to have the short still. I'll try the bypass of the switch how you say, thanks.
By Justin
Interesting.
I have gone through all the wires and found that the black wire to the connector in the casquette is after all the G/B. So I connected the wires and now the right indicator doesn't short circuit. The ammeter behaves exactly the same as if I left indicate. HOWEVER, the indicators don't come on. The VOM showed no other problems. So, progress but still stumped.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles