This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By jawa-enfield
Hello all,
I am looking fo a new set of tyres. I always used 'classic' profiles, mostly Heidenau K44 front and K34 rear..

But i really think grip in the wet is more important than classic looks.
So.. does anyone hava a tip for a set of (modern) tyres which have a good grip on wet roads?
By Chris [Stockport]
I use Dunlop TT 100 on my year 2000 Bullet 500.

They are classic BUT I believe made in a modern way?
I've never had a problem with them... I know we should never write that!?! :(

Not sure if that covers what you want.

Regards,
Chris
By Wheaters
Be aware that some modern tyres (metric measurements) have a lower sidewall profile than the more traditional types. I fitted one to the rear of my 350 and it looked totally wrong.

I swapped it for a modern Dunlop K-70 pattern "clone" and it's very good in the wet; most modern compounds give better grip than in years gone by.
By Adrian
I guessing you're using 19" WM2 rims.

Try Avon AM26s, they still list a 3.25" front section if you thank 90/90 looks a bit skimpy. A 100/90 section looks OK on the back.

A.
By jawa-enfield
Thanks for reply (i didn't get a notice)
It is indeed that i do not know what modern tyre size is closest to 3.50-19 for the rear tyre..
Bridgestone has a BT46 3.25-19, maybe a good choice.

How the tyre looks is not so important. Grip in the wet is wat i seek/find most important...
By stinkwheel
The imperial sizes are all 90 section. The metric sizes are the width in mm rather than inches. So a 3.50 -19 is technically an 89/90-19 .

As with all things tyre, this doesn't always work out to be exactly the case, there again, two tyres of the same size with different brands aren't the same size either.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles