This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
Well, I'm on my second set of AM26s on my 612 bullet and I haven't really noticed any issues, wet or dry and I push it reasonably hard. Including on some very committing hairpin mountain roads in the Picos de Europa last year, some of which were in the wet.

So if you've noticed the Heidenau have spotty wet performance, I'd say yes.

By stinkwheel
Yes. a 3.25-19 front and a 100/90-19 rear. They are universal fitment, you just need to fit them facing in opposite directions. They have front and rear fitment arrows on the sidewall.
By jawa-enfield
Ah, so it is also in 3.25-19, which is, as i understand, a little wider as the 90/90-19 in different tyres, whereas the real sizes between brands also can differ! :lol:

Does anyone have expereince with the bridgestone BT46?
By stinkwheel
jawa-enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:57 am
Does anyone have expereince with the bridgestone BT46?
Yes, I've used many sets of them and their predecessor the BT45 on my GPZ500s and we had them on my wifes CB500 too. They are good tyres, they will certainly take the maximum either of those two bikes is capable of delivering in terms of acceleration, braking and cornering. I stopped riding GPZ500s (I had three in total) because I found I was pushing them beyond their capabilities in terms of cornering and braking when riding with mates on litre bikes but the tyres were not the limiting factor.

What I did find is the front tyre used to need replacing a bit before it was totally worn out. It would start to feel a little vague and start picking up linear road defects (like grooves and thick white lines) and start tracking along them. Still used to get two rears to every front, you just had to replace the front before it hit the wear bars.
By jawa-enfield
I understand, did the BT46 go 'cupping'?

On my petrol bullet i have mounted Mitas tyres, thje H01 front (which has a very square shape, corners badly and the Mitas H02 rear..
Wears quickly but must say, the soft rubber grips good in the wet?

Someone told me softness of the rubber is not a measure for grip in the wet. For grip in the wet you need natural rubber, not synthetic..
But if this is true?
By stinkwheel
They did experience a little cupping and feathering but I was pushing them pretty hard so it's kind of expected.

My understanding is it's the silicone compounds that excel in the wet. I'm using Michelin road 5 and 6 tyres on my sportsbike which are 100% silicone compound and they are hands down the best, most confidence inspiring tyres I've ever used on a bike. Hot or cold, wet or dry, fresh or worn.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Well now, I've always used Avon SM (skidmasters), and never had any trouser filling moments. The front can get a bit exciting if you break hard in the wet. I've always found the handling much better/precise on SM's than TT100's. The only other thing I've noticed with SM's, is that they are the only "paired" tyres I've used where the front wears out first.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles