This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Emmell350
Nearly 500 miles and mine is still playing up too. Having had a good look at the speedo I can't see how it can be the glass affecting the needle as there is quite a gap between them. Whatever the problem is, Enfield ought to be looking at it. Has anyone contacted them direct?
Here's a photo of mine after stopping, ignition off but still showing 25mph.
Classic speedo fault.jpg
Classic speedo fault.jpg (82.08 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
By Jamesy
The interceptor 650 Speedo has a problem with misting that a number of owners have reported.Replacement Speedos haven't cured the problem.A year on there is still no solution as far as I know.
By Jamesy
Emmell350 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:48 am
Nearly 500 miles and mine is still playing up too. Having had a good look at the speedo I can't see how it can be the glass affecting the needle as there is quite a gap between them. Whatever the problem is, Enfield ought to be looking at it. Has anyone contacted them direct?
Here's a photo of mine after stopping, ignition off but still showing 25mph. Classic speedo fault.jpg
This could be something simple like the Speedo cable/drive sticking or not making properly.I know it's under warranty but if you are mechanically minded it wouldn't take long to find out.
By Classic 350
Jamesy wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:39 am
The interceptor 650 Speedo has a problem with misting that a number of owners have reported.Replacement Speedos haven't cured the problem.A year on there is still no solution as far as I know.
My 2016 Triumph T120 had the same problem
By Emmell350
Out of the blue I had a call from the Royal Enfield importer yesterday - they are aware of the issue with the speedo needle. Re-engineered clocks are now making their way to dealers for warranty replacements.
The fault is indeed caused by hot weather. When I queried this and asked how come this happens for bikes designed to run in India, the Royal Enfield chap said the problem was caused by how quickly the weather changes in the UK and goes from extremes, whereas in India it is hot all the time hence no issues.
Anyway, hats off to Enfield for sorting it out and, in my opinion, some excellent customer service.
By Duke of Wybourne.
stinkwheel wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:56 pm
It's to give you an authentic 350 enfield owning experience. When my iron barrel 350 bullet was new, the needle fell off the speedo after 400 miles.
I had a better one, it said 63mph when it did 45.
Fuel consumption was good as a result because it clocked up an extra 18 miles in every 45. :lol:
Emmell350 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:11 pm
the Royal Enfield chap said the problem was caused by how quickly the weather changes in the UK and goes from extremes, whereas in India it is hot all the time hence no issues.
What utter nonsense, ask him what temperature the snow is in upland India. Have a look on YouTube at some of the motorcycle travel videos in India and see the temperature extremes.

That reminds me of a friend who was stupid enough to buy a Tata pickup. The radio didn't work and the salesperson told him it was because it only worked on Indian radio stations. The fact that it was wired up wrong and made out of rubbish obviously didn't come in to it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles