This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Jamesw wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:42 am
Now trying to figure out the wiring on my bike. I did a 12v conversion a few years ago and since then have also fitted a new wiring loom. The 12v conversion meant combining the GY lead from the alternator with the GB one that goes to the recifier (now a Boyer Powerbox) and to terminal 7 on the light switch.

According to my logic (not a strong point) that means the GY lead to terminal 17 on the ignition switch is redundant (I have checked voltage on this lead and it is nil whether IGN is on or off, and whether engine is running or not.

Therefore, with the ignition OFF or ON, am I right to think that the black lead from terminal 18 on the IGN to terminal 5 on the light switch is also redundant?

Could this black lead be sued to connect terminal 87 of the new relay to the light switch, thru the harness instead of running a new lead?
Jim
I think so. Best way to check would be to disconnect it and see if everything still works.
Good to hear and thanks for reporting back, one always wonders how people got on.

I must say, that wiring was a challenge. And that's speaking a ssomeone who has just recomissioned a 30 year old japanese V4! Many of the things they have done there appear needlessly complicated, I can only assume it is designed to fail "safe" (read, minimum engine still runs) within the vagueries of a hopelessly unreliable charging system

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles