This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Henrik
Hi all.On my trial Bullet 59 oil dont reach rocker arm/pushrod.Oil is coming out at the rocker bearings on both sides.I have checked oil pump and pipes and all looks ok.On inlet side there are some wear on the pushrod end,had to find out whats wrong before i replace it.
By Mark M

Henrik, if oil is getting to the rocker blocks and can be seen emerging at the edges of the blocks it will be getting to the pushrods, so don't worry! This is a common question, on examination there doesn't seem to be much oil there but it is sufficient. You will always see polishing on the rocker to pushrod cup but this is normal. Just let some air out of the tyres and get out in the snow!

REgards, Mark 

By Henrik

Thanks for your answer Mark!I would really like to get out in the snow but it is so cold here in Sweden,-15c this morning.Sounds good but still the cup on the pushrod is  completely dry,no sign of oil just some metal dust on the rocker arm.Could it be the oilfeed cork,the hole looks a bit big but its tight against the end..

Henrik 

By Mark M

Henrik, it doesn't sound like the oil feed cork seal but I would replace it if in any doubt. Our Hosts sell a replacement oil pump worm with a bonded neoprene seal in it, have a look in the Accessory Catalogue on this site. Not expensive and worth it just for peace of mind! You should check the oil pressure relief valve, this is under the cover bolt next to the oilfeed union to the rocker oil pipe on the front of the engine. You could also check for good oil flow here too.

REgards, Mark 

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles