This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
Again, with the bars it's not so much about stopping them vibrating as altering the frequency they vibrate at. Different bar end weights is the modern way. The old way was to fill the bars with sand or lead shot.
By rattonshaw
MartinB wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:02 pm
..... but my bike has a bar conversion and the mirrors do tend to NOT show much of any use in them at some speeds. They are the standard mirrors and no doubt there may be better alternatives .
I have some Renthal alloy off-road bars on my Electra and the OEM mirrors vibrated so much that I couldn't see anything in them and they'd gradually change their position. Solved the problem by fitting some Honda mirrors with their anti-vibration mounts. Perfect reflections in each mirror now.
By MartinB
Thanks...........

I had a set of our hosts mirror adapters on my 500 Electra and 500EFI and they do work-forgot about them. 've just placed n order as well oops.
I'm going to try the mirrors off my 650 Interceptor in the meantime.........
By PeteF
I made two head steadies (one each side) out of 6mmx20mm stainless.
I drilled and reamed the engine boss to be an exact fit for the mounting bolt (as it is, there's a 8mm bolt slopping about in a hole that's too big)
It takes a bit of time as the drillings have to be accurate and you may need to make up spacers or tweak the bars a bit to line everything up.
I also did the loosen/tighten of the engine mounts.
It made a LOT of difference.
Well worth the faff.
By MartinB
I tried the Interceptor mirrors and they are a bit clearer.
Think I'll try the Hitchcocks anti-vibe fittings when i next order parts as they worked on my other Bullets.
I may have a look at the head steady to see whether I can take up any of the slack. I don't have the facilities or ability to make up my own however-Ill have to play around with washers or spacers I fear. All good fun though!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles