This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
The fuel level in the carb does need to be correct but there are negligible side forces on the machine due to cornering. With the bike banked over for cornering all the forces are perpendicular to the machine (unless you are hanging off and getting your knee down 8-)
Sorted at last !! first prize goes to D o W, many thanks for suggesting it might be a short on the side-light "tiger eyes" . What a cheap shoddy crappy fitting it is. I have resorted to lathering the terminal ends on the back of the fittings with several coats of nail polish filched from the wife. This should insulate the crappy fitting and cable from where it occasionally touches the casquette as it passes through to connect to the loom! Also many thanks for all of the other suggested likely scenario's regards Kally.
I had something similar on my 2008 efi but instead of cutting out the horn would sound! It was when the bars were turned on nearly full lock so of course happened at slow speed, like when you turn into a pub or cafe, lovely :D
It was intermittent and I tried several times to replicate back home in the garage but just couldn't. In the end I stripped the bezel off and, once I cleaned the years of oily build-up off the wiring so that I could actually see the outer casing colours, I eventually found a tiny area that had worn though against the headstock which would occasionally short for the horn to sound. I endured this for a couple of years before finally spending a whole day in the garage to sort. I used to ride around with the horn disconnected (i'm not a big beeper user anyway) and even took it to an MOT with the horn disconnected and sneakily connected the horn while the tester was logging into the system and kept my fingers crossed it didn't short when he tried the bars lock to lock :lol:
Kally wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 pm
Sorted at last !! first prize goes to D o W, many thanks for suggesting it might be a short on the side-light "tiger eyes" . What a cheap shoddy crappy fitting it is. I have resorted to lathering the terminal ends on the back of the fittings with several coats of nail polish filched from the wife. This should insulate the crappy fitting and cable from where it occasionally touches the casquette as it passes through to connect to the loom! Also many thanks for all of the other suggested likely scenario's regards Kally.
There's stuff called liquid insulation tape which does the job better. It's basically liquid neoprene I think.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles