This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By twosheds
was out yesterday in the sunshine and nearly got belted by impatient carboy - forgot to cancel indicators - they ai,nt bright enough even tho i put a led in the thingy - . is it ok to put a wee indicator on the handlebars for instance so i can notice it a bit better ?
if so how do i wire it in ?
thanks
By Chris [Stockport]
I have the Hitchcocks "Turn Alert" system on one of my bikes - I think they now sell "Audicator".

My other bike has a simpler beeper which is ok, but not as fancy.

I like both!
By LanesExplorer
An audible device is a great idea. It's too easy to forget to cancel them. We didn't have that problem when we used hand signals. No one seems to do it nowadays.
By LanesExplorer
Just been having a look at the Audicator on Hitchcocks. It says" it's easy to fit with just four wires ". Sounds like a great solution.
By LanesExplorer
A quick look on the Internet this morning brings up a device which has both buzzer and light. EBay seller and rather cheap so maybe not the best quality. There must be others available I'd think.
Chris (Stockport) is running a 2000 Bullet so if he can hear the 'Audicator' on that you'll be OK on yours I'd have thought.
My Meteor has a warning light but a buzzer would a welcome extra.
By Wheaters
Some people drill the headlight binnacle and put in an old type Lucas dash indicator warning light and holder. I’ve considered doing this myself.

Probably the easiest way to wire it is just to wire it in parallel with the existing warning light. Scotch lock type connectors could be used, although tbh I’m not a great fan of those.
By stinkwheel
The LEDs complicate it slightly because the traditional way of wiring in a dash warning light is to run it between the two front indicators but doing it that way would make both sets of flashers flash at the same time with LEDs. You can't wire it into the feed from the relay because it's upstream of the switch.

So for repeater lights, you either need two bulbs (one for each flasher) connected in paralell to each of your front flashers.

OR a single bulb and either earth both front flashers through it or run the white feed wire to the flasher switch through it (in series). Trouble with this is all the current for the flashers goes through it so if that bulb fails, the flashers wont work at all.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles