This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
Another option is to replace the current 2-pin flasher relay with a 3-pin of the type with +, P and L terminals. Make sure it's an electronic one so it works with your LED indicators.
Like this one:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/21900

The White on Red wire would go to the + terminal. The White would go to the L terminal and you can run a new wire up to a dash light which is then earthed.

I have drilled the casquette on one of my bullets to take a coloured bulb holder which looks pretty neat. Check there's room on the underside before drilling. I did mine for a Hi-beam warning and it looks like it came from the factory like that. Our hosts supply them here:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... ghts/11499

You can see my hi-beam light in this picture:
By RoSy
My C5 a rather loud embarrassing buzzer in the headlamp shell, plus LEDs all round apart from the head lamp.
By Davedup
I got rid of the ammeter and mounted a charging light and indicator warning out in an old ammeter case. I use a three pin flasher unit.
Attachments
IMG_20200119_154902153.jpg
IMG_20200119_154902153.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3171 times
By PeteF
I always have a sound signal on my bikes after nearly getting wiped out.
By stinkwheel
I just don't use the indicators. 1) It would make no difference because I always manouver as if surrounding traffic was unaware of my presence. 2) They seem to pay more attention to a hand-signal anyway.
By Wheaters
I sometimes use a hand signal if I think it will emphasise use of the bike’s indicators, but that’s not often. Bearing in mind that hand signals are no longer part of driving tests for either two or four wheelers, many drivers might not look for them or fully understand them.
By stinkwheel
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:34 pm
I sometimes use a hand signal if I think it will emphasise use of the bike’s indicators, but that’s not often. Bearing in mind that hand signals are no longer part of driving tests for either two or four wheelers, many drivers might not look for them or fully understand them.
It is actually part of the test, it's in the highway code and you can be asked about them in your theory test (both car and motorcycle hand signals).

I actually did a hand signal on my test in 1996. I was on a bike with no battery and stalled on the emergency stop. Did a left hand signal before moving to the side of the road. The examiner asked why I did a hand signal at the end of the test and was happy with my explanation.
By Wheaters
Hand signals are still shown in the Highway Code and they certainly used to be part of the test (I passed my bike test in 1975 on a bike without any indicators and passed the car test the following year) but my understanding is that they are no longer included as a mandatory part of the test unless indicators or brake lights have failed (unlucky if that happens during the test!) and consequently some driving instructors don’t even bother to teach their use.
By stinkwheel
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:32 pm
Hand signals are still shown in the Highway Code and they certainly used to be part of the test (I passed my bike test in 1975 on a bike without any indicators and passed the car test the following year) but my understanding is that they are no longer included as a mandatory part of the test unless indicators or brake lights have failed (unlucky if that happens during the test!) and consequently some driving instructors don’t even bother to teach their use.
Yes, it's not part of the practical test any more but it is part of the thoery test.

Anyway, with the fad for mounting car indicators inboard of permanantly on headlights on cars, they may as well not be there. I've noticed it becoming increasingly difficult to see if a car has its indicators on over the last few years.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles