This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Classic Biker
Hi I'm looking for a prop Stand that mounts to the front of the engine ... mine has snapped and there not made anymore here are two part numbers for the type of stand
143456 or 142515 used on bullet 1991-2009 but there was also a self return one as well but i don't mine which

Cheers all
By stinkwheel
This one?
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... ctory/2558

Or if you want something cheaper, nothing really wrong with the samrat ones. Had one on my 350 bullet for years. It leans a long way over on it so if you seriously load the bike up with a high centre of mass, it can be a bit unstable. But I'm talking a lot of stuff. Only time mine ever actually went over was when I had a sack of coal on the luggage rack and parked it with the stand facing slightly downhill.
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... tand/11553
By Classic Biker
thank you for your reply's but i need the one that mounts to the engine and front downtube this is the only one that will fit.
i've had one for many years but the leg has snapped off.
By stinkwheel
Got a picture? When I needed a longer mainstand for my 350, I just made a new leg for it. Wasn't particularly tricky, bought a bit of thick wall steel tube off ebay. Bent it with heat to an appropriate angle, drilled a hole for a lag screw and hacksawed/filed a slot in it. Simple tapped hole for a cap-head screw to hold the spring. About a tenner for the steel (delivered) and an hours drilling and filing.

I previously tried to order a long stand but they just kept me waiting....
By Classic Biker
Well welding would be a problem … my prop stand is the self retracting type with a spring down the leg so when you lift the bike it slides out and folds so it is hollow and rusted so welding wouldn’t work … I don’t need this type only the ordinary type.
By stinkwheel
I think I found a picture of one.
d1fbfd0a8a33dcc89ba3e4370a2f17d372b56307.jpg
d1fbfd0a8a33dcc89ba3e4370a2f17d372b56307.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Have you tried burtons? They list the part number with a price but not sure if they have one in stock or not. Maybe worth a phone call?

Wouldn't take a lot of fabricating to make one. A local blacksmiths might be able to help you out.

If you weren't overly worried about weight, a bit of 1" thick wall tube with a slot filed in the top like I did with mine above and a couple of bolts screwed into it for the spring and foot tab would be very serviceable.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles