This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Just wondering what life people are getitng from the front OE Pirelli.

My rear lasted around 6000 miles and I replaced it with an Avon Trial rider as I dont really do off road so wanted something better suited to road riding.

Now at just under 8000 miles the front needs replacing - another Avon Trial rider will be going on there as well.
By LanesExplorer
I've just seen your post and it interests me, not because I have a Himalayan but because I haven't been too enamoured of the tyres fitted to my Meteor. There's a review of the Avon Trailrider tyres on YouTube where the rider has changed the standard Metzeler tyres for the Trailrider on Triumph Tiger because he found the Metzeler was prone to 'tracking'. That's exactly what I get with the CEAT tyres on the Meteor. The slightest bit of poor road surface, white lines and especially cat's eyes send the Meteor off line.
So how do you find the Avon on the Himalayan behaves.? Thanks. L. E.
By Andy C
Bear in mind that I have been running with an Avon Trial rider on the rear , and Pirelli on the front.

With that combination I have absolutley no complaints at all, perfectly stable / predictable, no wandering over white lines.

I fitted the new Trial rider to the front today and hope to take it out for its first ride with the Trial riders fitted front and rear, so I'll check again over the weekend to let you know if things are still OK.
By Andy C
Took the Him out for a 45 mile ride this afternoon now it has Avon Trial riders front and rear.

First thing I noticed was that the handling felt a lot sharper - probably because the orignal fornt Pirelli was past its best.

All I can say is that I have no complaints, no squirming over white lines, and riding over a "planed" road surface - you know the surface I mean, one that has been prepped for top dressing, no problems with the bike following the grooves.

It was a dry ride, but even with just a Trial Rider on the rear only no issues with wet grip.

Bike felt perfecty stable and as I say no complaints.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles