This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By mlynch5452
Good morning all. So I am not mechanically savvy at all so this may be an obviously dim question...

Firstly, how can I determine whether my Bullet 350 Home Market Spec is a 6V or 12V, or is it just a case of checking the battery?

Secondly, If it is only a 6V set up what components do I need to change to convert it to a 12V set up?

Thankyou, Mark.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Quick check. Assuming your bike has the correct voltage battery fitted, if the battery has three "filler plugs" on top then it will be 6 volt, and if it has 6 "filler plugs" then it is 12.
By Dinsdale
Quick Check look at the lightbulbs to see if they are 6v or 12v
If you need to upgrade from 6v to 12v you will need to consider changing or upgrading to :-

Alternator/Rotor if it has lost its magnetism, Boyer Powerbox (or Regulator/Rectifier, 12v Battery, 12V Ignition Coil, Ammeter, Fuse of correct rating 5 Amp Plus and change the horn to 12v
By mlynch5452
Thankyou for your assist guys, going by what I have found and what you have both mentioned I believe it already has a 12v system fitted. The battery is a 12v unti and the stop light bulb is 12v. Good news, no conversion required and I can fit the new parts I wanted without too much hassle. Thankyou.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles