This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By LanesExplorer
I've felt for some time now that I really would like the rear brake pedal to be just a bit higher to get a bit more 'bite' without having to angle my ankle down quite so much to operate it.
The workshop manual shows the rear brake pedal on page 365 and how to do many things but not how to adjust it up or down. Perhaps RE feel it's too obvious...
With the engine in the frame it's quite a fiddle as clearance is a bit tight. I had to loosen the hex nut a little which enables me to flip the circlip up, which is part of the operating pin for the lever. That pin has to be removed and then the clevis from the master cylinder can be rotated enough to allow a new position to be obtained for the lever itself. I found three rotations sufficient. Now is the fiddling bit. Getting the circlip and pin back through the clevis and lever. That done 😳, retighten the hex nut to lock it in place.
Success. Brake really works easily now.
Attachments
IMG_20211202_110050.jpg
IMG_20211202_110050.jpg (3.87 MiB) Viewed 1539 times
By Haggis
That's the master cylinder pushrod.
If you remove all the play from the pushrod you can end up with brakes that won't fully release.
Is there not a separate pedal height adjustment like the 500 has?
Yes you have to be careful not to unscrew the threaded clevis by more than a couple of turns otherwise there won't be sufficient threaded portion in the master cylinder but there is no other adjustment as far as I can see. If someone knows another way to achieve raising the brake lever that would be great!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles