This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Captain Bean
Hi.

Out on bike a couple of weeks ago, started to pop and bang and show red engine light after a fairly speedy 100 miles through the lanes. It finally keeled over near home. Battery fine but all sorts of weirdness going on-green neutral light 'pulsing', occasional clicks and whirrs from relays and fuel pump but nothing consistent. Pulled every connection apart and checked fuses but still no joy. Fitted a new ignition switch on Friday and got a healthy glow from neutral light and whipped battery out for a good charge. Just refitted battery and now absolutely nothing electrical at all anywhere.

So...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Rich.
By stinkwheel
Main fuse would be my first port of call. Connectors coming apart on either your new switch or somewhere upstream of the battery would be my second because you've moved both sets of wires recently.

Frame earth from the battery negative is always worth a look.

Got the battery leads the right way round? (if someone doesn't say it...).
By Boxerman
I had electrical issues with my 2009 EFI Electra but not as bad as yours. I traced my problems to the factory fuse holders which had lost some springiness holding the fuses. I changed all 3 to the bayonet type which cured it.
I also changed the ign switch, but that was not the problem.
Check the battery leads for internal breaks, or just replace them.

Frank

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles