This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Jon Hill
Hi Andy,
It was made for me as a prototype. I haven't used it on the road, but it looks as if it should reduce the amount of spray blown back. I am sure Pyramid will supply one of you contact them. I had informed them that I posted here and on Facebook, so they may expect calls. It was very easy to fit; the only thing I did was to use number plate screws to fasten it for extra security, what is what I did for the rear extender.
Maybe a better front mudguard would be a cleaner and simpler option - over to the after market experts!
By Jon Hill
It's done over 6k miles including a tour of Ireland and Scotland plus mucky Northumberland roads. It never gets put away without a wash!
By Andy C
No problem Jon - I'll drop them a line.

Thanks.

Afraid my Him is not quite a clean, I use it as my all winds / weathers bike, but I do try and clean it regularly, especially after the salt has been spread.
By Jon Hill
Out yesterday. Although the roads weren't that mucky, there was enough mud to demonstrate that the frontal extension cuts down rubbish thrown on to the front of the tank.Image
Attachments
IMG20211215115422.jpg
IMG20211215115422.jpg (5.47 MiB) Viewed 2746 times
By Trev
Very neat and pleased to hear it works as you hoped. I would be tempted as it's one of few things I dislike about the Himmy, especially as the tkc80's I'm running throw a fair bit over the tank when very mucky. I bought the Himmy for green laning and have raised the front guard about 10mm for clearance (even then it sometimes gets totally clogged) which I think makes the problem worse so a front extension may help.
By singleminded
It's good to see that there are suppliers who are making add-ons which actually improve the usability of our bikes.

It is depressing to see that many bike manufacturers don't know how to design a mudguard that works. A bike designed for what the Himalayan was supposedly designed for, should have adequate mudguards already fitted when it leaves the assembly line.

The 'designers' can't even be excused for falling into the old 'form before function' ethos, because the standard mudguard looks extremely naff, imho.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles