This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By philipw
Hello.
I tried to start my 2019 Himalayan, however when I pressed the starter button there was nothing. The side stand was up and it was in neutral. After trying the kill switch on the handlebar a couple of times and trying to start it some more, now only some of the dash lights up and the digital display portion doesn't light. The fuel pump does prime. I have ordered a new relay from our hosts and will see what that does. Any comments or advice gladly received.
Thanks, Philip.
By Andy C
Does sound like the battery, if you have a multimeter check the terminal voltage.

If there is not even a click when you press the starter button it could be a loose batter lead - worth a look.

My OE battery lasted nearly 2 years untill it started flagging, I have since fitted a Lithium battery and it has been fine.
By Daiwiskers
Another vote for dead or dying battery
By philipw
Thanks very much for your advice.
I didn't think it would be the battery as the lights came on, however the multimeter says 9.9 volts, so it's on charge now.
I will let you know how this develops.
Thanks Philip.
By papasmurf
philipw wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:13 pm
Thanks very much for your advice.
I didn't think it would be the battery as the lights came on, however the multimeter says 9.9 volts, so it's on charge now.
I will let you know how this develops.
Thanks Philip.

9.9 volts you have a deceased battery.
By Andy C
Another vote for a dead parrot.....sorry battery.

Bin it and get a Lithium battery - about a 1/3rd of the weight but a bit more expensive.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles