This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By philipw
Hello again.
Well the battery did charge, and it started! So kind of a success I suppose.
But why did it go flat? I think it hadn't been ridden for about three weeks.
I planned to keep it on the 'inteligent' charger but the storm on Friday meant our electricity has only just come back on (Monday afternoon) oh well.
Thanks once more.
By Andy C
Phil.

Sounds pretty much like mine went, it got to the stage where unless I put it on charge for at least a day every week it would not start the bike.

You will probably find that it will just get worse and you will have to leave it in the charger longer and more often.

Since I put a new Lithium battery on the bike it has not been near a charger.
By Rushour
This seems to be a very common problem with most Himalayan bikes - there is a minute drain on the battery from the bike, seems to be an unanswered question at this time but I had a Lithium battery on my GT for years with no drain whatsever - within days of fitting the same battery on the Himalayan and it was flat - from then on I had a Optimate on it.
By RocketRR
I just reside myself now even with a lithium battery that it will be flat when I leave it for a few days. I bought a jump box now that I carry with me absolute lifesaver and the size of a small paperback.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles