This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
This looks like it should do the job. The cable is super heavy duty, 3mm diameter. I couldn't find an appropriate nipple to use so I drilled down the centre of a short M6 allen head and soldered that on as a nipple to go in the clevis.

I wasn't appy with the top cable stop, then I looked at the thing they use on the front brake. I just drilled two holes in a bit of EN1 hex bar, one was tapped for a stud to hold it to the frame, the other tapped for a cable adjuster to allow a little more adjustment before bottoming out the threaded section.

I'll need to grind a bit more off the corner of this cable stop so it doesn't foul the snail cam.

I still need to get a new brake cam fitted (threads are stripped on this one), bed the shoes and give it a road test.
L:ink to short video
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:40 pm
Sorry to say that I think that nylon cable end ferrule at the hub end won't last long ;)
Dunno, it's pretty chunky. It's moulded onto the end and is 13mm in diameter. I had to drill a 9mm hole in the cable stop to fit it. It's designed for a car handbrake.

If it does let go, I can always cut it off and slot another one of those cable adjuster screws over the cable.

I want to bed the shoes tomorrow because they are a terrible fit in the drum. Can't find sticks of chalk for sale anywhere locally. The Mrs is away for the weekend and I know for a fact she has a block of tailors chalk in her sewing basket... But down that path lies danger!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles