This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MartinB
I'm considering fitting new fork springs and our hosts pre-load adjusters to my bike. Has anyone carried out fork mods to this model please? While I find the standard set up OK on smooth roads as we all know the state of the UK roads seems to be deteriorating day by day and my front suspension really struggles to cope on the worst of the bumps .What grade and make of of oil is recommended?
By Jamesy
You may want to look at the you tube vlog of "Stuart Fillingham" who is doing stuff with shocks on his Enfield twins on his latest post.
By Lou E
Got the preload adjusters they work well put on the fork gaiters...upper bolts on lower fork tree had some serious loctite on them had to heat up bolt of tree to release the product. Cheap bolt heads ( soft) were trying to round out otherwise. Allen head kit for engine covers a quality upgrade...
By MartinB
I've been to our hosts today and got the pre-load adjusters. Very easy fit too. I shan't be road testing the bike though until the spring.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles