This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Anyone replaced their Himalayan battery with an alternative?

I see that out hosts offer one but they are not able to post it, so cannot buy from our hosts, so would appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer - hopefully as our hosts are unable to post they may not object to me asking.

Thanks.
By Daiwiskers
Not replaced a Himalayan
But have replaced countless batteries over the years
For kickstart bike's I use the cheapest Yuasa I can find
For electric start bike's I use AGM batteries either motobatt (spelin) or Yuasa
A word of warning I did fit a motobatt to my Harley that was of the correct spec but it just wasn't up to the job undoutably it would have been fine for a standard bike the Yuasa that's in it now has been there for 4 year's
Hope this helps Dai
By Zululima
Fo a replacement battery I do recommend a "Deka". Absolute top quality. Made in USA and I think are suppliers to Harley Davidson.
My original from RE lasted about 4 months. My Deka replacement has been in my 2015 Bullet now for 6 years and still going strong.
By 410Rider
Andy C wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:03 pm
Anyone replaced their Himalayan battery with an alternative?

I see that out hosts offer one but they are not able to post it, so cannot buy from our hosts, so would appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer - hopefully as our hosts are unable to post they may not object to me asking.

Thanks.
Motobatt MBTX9U 10.5 AH (v 8 ah oem). 2 Year Warranty.
One fitted to my previous bike lasted 7 years.

Curious that hosts cannot deliver. Mine was ordered on-line and delivered.
By RocketRR
Fit the Hitchcocks battery drain fix lead best money I ever spent on the Himmy absolutely brilliant. No battery drain ever since fitted. :D
By 410Rider
RocketRR wrote:Fit the Hitchcocks battery drain fix lead best money I ever spent on the Himmy absolutely brilliant. No battery drain ever since fitted. :D
I have that piece of kit fitted. It is certainly doing no harm.
It cannot magic a poor battery back to health though.
The OEM battery sitting on the bench STILL shows 12v (but no more with charging, and WILL NOT accept load).
Pity RE don't fit better quality OEM. Failing at 8 months from new reg. does the brand no favours.
------------------------------------------------------------------
PS. can OP edit the thread title? Battery might look better. ;)

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles