This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Hi

New to the forum, not long purchased a yellow 535, been relatively OK through summer, but now if it rains over night the first ten minutes is a series of cutting out and restarting, cutting out then restarting, any ideas? Bike has a booster plug, idles at 1100, new oil and filter, and air filter. I've looked over all electrical elements and cannot see any areas to concern. Baffling as there's nothing obviously wrong?

Thanks
Enfield ignition switches can be quite shonky, could be worth a squirt of WD40 down the keyhole. I've been left at the side of the road before when water got into one.

I had an intermttant cutting out problem on my 350 bullet. Every time I applied the brake firmly in the rain, the engine stuttered and started misfiring. It took me longer than I'd lke to admit to work out it was because a pool of water that had accumulated in a fold of my overjacket was slopping forwards and dropping directly onto the pod air filter when the brake was applied.
OK so the plot thickens... off to work this morning, cold dry, a bit of dew on the saddle, gauges & mirror etc, headlight on, off we go... Pootling along, no issues, then on a bend slowing, battery light comes on and the bike dies, annoyed, but restart and away we go, then the engine starts to hunt, and wants to accelerate on a wim. FFS what now I'm thinking, anyway get to work park up, forget about it.

So hometime comes, jump on the bike, all lights off, away we go. Get home without one single issue, never misses a single thump, ticks over strongly, accelerates like a dream brakes, stops, starts as if its just left the factory. I'm totally bemused, it's like two completely different bikes, a bag of nails in the morning and purrs like a kitten in the afternoon.

BTW haven't installed the plastic NGK yet, no idea what's going on, morning shit, afternoon excellent. Surely it's not because the headlight is on, pulling drain on the battery?

Ideas welcome please

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles