This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Jamesy
My Enfield dealer has told me he has replaced Speedos with this problem under warranty but the problem still persists.I know by googling it there is a problem here and there is no known solution by Enfield so far.Are Enfield burying their head in the sand over this or are they waiting for enough people to make a lot of noise about it?.
By MartinB
I have the same issue on my 2019 Interceptor. Haven't approached a dealer or the importer yet .I'm still on my original clocks but they have always misted slightly. Today they got quite a bit worse so I'll have to do something now before the warranty expires.
By Jamesy
I would certainly let your dealer know about the problem and let them deal with it.I am happy my dealer has logged the problem meantime.I bought the bike back in June and it's only just recently with the cooler weather it's happened.By the way you are wasting your time talking to importers motogb.Stick to your dealer.
By MartinB
Thanks. I'll get on to the dealer although I wasn't too impressed with them when I bought the bike. I've recently had the second service done by my local dealer and got a load of abuse when I tried to get the brake caliper issue resolved by them as well as a replacement dodgy ignition switch. The service seemed OK apart from some scratches to my new exhaust and oily marks all over the bike but I don't think I shall be going back there again even though I have bought a bike and many spares from them over the last 35 years! My tacho is also affected as well as the speedo btw.
By Andy C
Martin.

Sounds like the dealer I bought my Himalayan from - nice as pie when I went in to enquire / take a test ride, as he was on the first service.

I was not happy with the second service - ovefilled with oil, tickover raised to nearly 2000 revs.

When I had the wheel bearing issue, not really interested, likewise the pump relay failure, seems totally uninterested now, certainly wont be dealig with him again.

Perhaps you have to be a miserable g*t to be an Enfield dealer.
By Jamesy
The problem with warranty parts is the dealer must contact motogb and motogb then must approve the part before ordering from the Chenai factory.Our hosts and other UK part suppliers may have the parts in stock but Enfield insists all warranty parts come from Chennai.I had a 2019 classic 500 sit in a UK dealers last year for 6 months waiting for a warranty part while Al along Hitchcock's had the parts.
By MartinB
Yes-the local dealer who did the service and warranty work after a lot of huffing and puffing tried to tell me the warranty had expired.
The supplying dealer (about 40 miles away) was friendly enough and carried out the first service OK as far as I could tell but I never got a reply about the RAC recovery which was a supposed selling point and they registered the bike and gave me the wrong registration number. A new plate then arrived in the post without any explanation!
I do have another dealer in the area although they are about 30 miles away and I don't suppose they will at all interested.
TBH I'll almost be glad when the bike is out of warranty and I can go back to our hosts who I have always had good service from when I ran an Electra and then an early EFI model Bullet. They are not too far away from where I live either.
By Jamesy
That other dealer you can use must honour and address any warranty issues with the bike.As long as any other dealer you had the bike with has completed any outstanding warranty work.
By MartinB
Yes all the warranty work I requested has been completed-brake calipers and ignition switch.
As the work was done in the summer with the second service I forgot about the clocks but they are misting up again now the weather is becoming cooler.
I had a similar problem with a Moto Guzzi a few years ago and had a new clock/instrument console as it was a fangled one piece unit.
Think I will try the supplying dealer first but shan't hold my breath.
I've sorned the bike from the end of this month so may have to wait until the spring to deliver it to them but at least I shall get the warranty claim notified.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles