This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Mine arrived today telling me to book my bike in at an RE Dealer of my choice to have my non anodised calipers replaced with a pair of anodised calipers.

Guess I had better call the grumpy dealer I bought it from and get it booked in........
By Trev
ooh nice, do we get to choose the anodising colour? I fancy bright blue like the ones on those poncey Porsches, should make it stop better :D
By Trev
Mine arrived yesterday, is it for the front or rear or both calipers as, apart from teh famed lack of power on the front, the only issue I've noticed is loud squealing from the rear. It goes if I give it a god squirt of brake cleaner but comes back after a wet ride and then doesn't go
By Andy C
Believe it is for both.

I agree the front lacks power - EBC pads only marginally improved things.

No problems with a squealing rear brake on mine.
By Trev
Andy C wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Believe it is for both.

I agree the front lacks power - EBC pads only marginally improved things.

No problems with a squealing rear brake on mine.
Thanks. I've had EBC pads since I had the bike so can only compare my memory of the couple of test rides I had on other Himmy's and like you think any improvement is marginal. I only really find it an issue when I've been riding one of my other bikes and then use the Himmy, the initial lack of front braking takes a few applications to get used to, even my CT125 has a wayyyyy better front brake. Once used to it then it's almost full harrufter every application and ease off as required :D :D

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles