This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Bike is comming up to 2 years old and if I leave it for any more than a coupel of days when I press the button, the battery only just has enough life to turn the engine over, sometimes it will not turn it over.

Guessing it is a battery issue and not starter motor issue - not put a meter accross he battery to check yet, but guessing it is battery.

Does 2 years seem reasonable for the factory fitted battery?

Any recommendations for replacements?
By Duke of Wybourne.
Andy C wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:02 am
Bike is comming up to 2 years old and if I leave it for any more than a coupel of days when I press the button, the battery only just has enough life to turn the engine over, sometimes it will not turn it over.

Guessing it is a battery issue and not starter motor issue - not put a meter accross he battery to check yet, but guessing it is battery.

Does 2 years seem reasonable for the factory fitted battery?

Any recommendations for replacements?
You must have got the long life special. I've never seen 6 months. I replaced my Himalayan battery at around 3 months with a Lithium one. No issues since. I also fitted a battery Isolator switch under the pillion saddle and switched everything off if it was being left for anything over a week.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles