This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mann
Just back from a good ride on my 2018 C5 (5000 miles on clock) and i pull up at home and i cannot get first gear or Neutral. Engine off and still cannot get these gears. Engine on and still no 1st or N. I can shift to 2nd and 3rd.

I plan to pull the left hand engine cover off to inspect, any tips on what i should be looking for?

The gear shift lever has about 2mm of play left to right with the lever at rest, not sure i have seen this prior to today.
By Mann
Issue has resolved itself, checking the bike this morning it shifts into 1st and N fine! Maybe the gearbox was hot last night and something had expanded or maybe its just an Enfield thing!
By Daiwiskers
Could be clutch adjustment
I would have thought you could get first and neutral with motor off but it would be worth checking
Hope this helps Dai
On my year 2000 Bullet, the clutch cable disappears inside the casing. So, when you pull the clutch lever, you can't see anything happening.

But I think, on yours, you can see what it connects to, on top of the casing.

I would want to try measuring the exact amount of movement here [1] when it's hot [2] when it's cold.

What is the difference between the two?
Is there any cable "stretch"?

Just a thought, but it's very easy to do, all being on the outside.

Good luck!
By Mann
All looks fine with the clutch cable and the play in the cable when cold and hot. Bike hasn't had the problem since Friday evening, i'll just keep a close eye on it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles