This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Our hosts do a kit which are designed for the EFI models and state "These are the rubbers fitted to the EFI models as standard and can be trimmed to be used on the cylinder barrels of the older Bullets."

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... head/21023

My 612 bullet makes a terrible clattering noise like there's a ducati clutch stuck in the valvegear and the old trick of shoving some slices of fuel hose in there quietened it considerably. it seems the alloy barrel is a bit known for this. I've bought one of these kits because it should look a lot less Heath Robinsonthan bits of fuel line but I'm not sure where to put them/trim them. It's relatively expensive for what it is so I don't want to wreck it.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of fitting these to a pre-unit bullet?
Allanfox wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:00 am
But just looked on mine and seem to have 3 so looks like they fall off, not sure how you stick them on?
I was considering this myself, I reckon a good bet would be silicone sealant. It'll take the heat, just not sure how well it'll bond to the rubber.
Got a reply from our hosts on this subject:

"The smaller identical rubbers as you mention go on the barrel, the two longer angled rubbers (the two on the EFI cylinder head as in the picture on the website) will fit on the drive side of the older bullet head, but turn them upside down to match the profile of the fins as they taper in towards the rocker covers. Fit one in front of the spark plug and one behind, you may need to trim one of the longer ‘fingers’ so they push fully in between the fins."

For positioning of the smaller ones, I ran a fingernail across the fins and put a rubber where the sound was most resonant. I also added a couple of bits of fuel line on the head where it was still seeming to "ring".

The long ones aren't a perfect fit but close enough once a couple of the over-fat fingers were shaved down. A stanley knife blade was perfect for this, they cut very easily.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles