This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Russ51
I have a 2008 export bullet 350. I recently spotted a crack in the clutch lever. The existing lever had no adjustment at the lever but in all other respects was identical to the ball ended Minda lever. I ordered a new lever 170108 which matched my front brake lever. As this lever has an adjuster, the cable wouldn't fit. After speaking to HMC I ordered a new cable 143310, clutch cable (with adjusters in Minda handlebar lever) 4 speed. I have disconnected the old cable, refitted the new cable at the clutch end but there is insufficient freeplay to connect the cable to the lever. Even with the lever adjustment and the midcable adjuster maxed in I am still about 2cm of freeplay short. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is there a cable that has teh correct fittings but with about 8cm freeplay (the 143310 has about 6cm freeplay)
By Rushour
According to our hosts website the UK made 143310 cable should have 56 mm of free play - which seems fine - have you de-adjusted the gearbox end to give more free play ?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles