This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Allanfox
Thanks' guys, recall putting the seal in the same as the one I took out and as you say flat in towards crank, so think ok, have ordered a new one anyway and a simple security to change it, awkward to fit as the worm is just in the way I seem to remember.

Anyway and out of interest I have identified the mystery metal particle.............................................

It's a bit of oil ring, 100% as have one in my spares to compare and it is from where the sections join, so I have a broken oil ring , not sure why it has broken so soon and can't pretend I am happy but at least I know! Think I had better stop riding it! :cry: But having said that it is running a treat, typical!

Fingers crossed that the bore isn't toast as well and I can just replace the oil ring, or might be time for an EFI piston if it is!

Getting good and stripping this engine, very glad I have a nice reliable iron barrel 350 to keep me on the road!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles