This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Rex Piekarczyk
Daiwiskers wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 pm
New adaptor seems like a good idea maybe even taper it so it matches head and carb? Nothing beats a smooth airflow

Dai
Tapered bushing.

Carb side>>
REadapterin.JPG
REadapterin.JPG (960.32 KiB) Viewed 2081 times

Engine side>>
REadapter out.JPG
REadapter out.JPG (900.17 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
By Rex Piekarczyk
Runs smooth, much improved throttle response. 1st ride will be next spring.

The supplier of the carb conversion kit supplies only one manifold adapter to be used with the 30, 32, and 34mm options, so if you want a closer match of the intake path dimensions it's up to you to make it happen.

Without a dyno test with vs without the tapered bushing it would be hard to tell if it makes any actual difference.

Maybe all sizes of the upgrade kits work well enough as delivered, it was just not as good as I would like it to be. Material, time & tooling was available on site and provided easy fun shop time which I enjoy just as much as riding.

Thanks again everyone for providing your insight and experience based opinions. This is one of the best tech help forums I've encountered.
By Adrian
I think you did the right thing to blend the port and flange shape as far as possible. We look forward to a rider report once you get some more favo(u)rable riding weather. ;)

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles