This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Rex Piekarczyk
Sent them the question, but received no reply.

Upon disassembly to document jet, needle & slide numbers it was obvious both tubes are atmospheric vents for the float bowl and shall be extended and remain open .
By Rex Piekarczyk
Installing the Niche 30mm Mikuni conversion kit on the 2000 Bullet 500.

Carb ID: 1.028
Rubber Boot ID: 1.449
Aluminum adapter ID: 1.458
Head & gasket ID: 1.298

Leave the gasket at original ID (same as head port) & risk erosion or increase the gasket ID & have possibility of loosing the thin edges to backfire or normal use?
RE500fullgasket.JPG
RE500fullgasket.JPG (87.88 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
RE500cutgasket.JPG
RE500cutgasket.JPG (50.56 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
By Wheaters
There’s absolutely no point fitting a larger diameter carb if you’re going to fit a restriction in the inlet port.

The cut down gasket looks a bit delicate; if that was my bike I’d make a gasket from some gasket paper with a larger external diameter so it has more strength.
By Daiwiskers
Wheaters wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:55 pm
There’s absolutely no point fitting a larger diameter carb if you’re going to fit a restriction in the inlet port.

The cut down gasket looks a bit delicate; if that was my bike I’d make a gasket from some gasket paper with a larger external diameter so it has more strength.

As above

But why are you fitting bigger carb without opening inlet port?
And keeping original air box and exhaust?

Seem's counter productive to me

Each to their own Dai
By Rex Piekarczyk
Wheaters wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:55 pm

See the listed dimensions. The head port is already larger than the carb throat, and there's no room at the top for more gasket, it's right up against the motor mount casting. Military steel air box and stock exhaust retained as owner's preference. I'm not in the position of determining the extent of modifications, just trying to get help owner get through this detail. I have a fab shop and would prefer to mill a new adapter with the same ID as the head port. Going to propose that at the next opportunity.
By Daiwiskers
New adaptor seems like a good idea maybe even taper it so it matches head and carb? Nothing beats a smooth airflow

Dai

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles