This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Richard Hughes
Having thought I had resolved my speedo gear issues on my CO( thanks to people on this forum) I discovered that my drive is wrong. The problem is I am not sure why it is wrong . I have been told that the rod that the cog fits to the drive comes in different lengths. Can any one advise ? I attach a few pictures to hopefully also explain what I am saying. Thanks Richard
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 79373 times
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 79373 times
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG (3.04 MiB) Viewed 79373 times
By vince
Hi, from memory the housing is threaded into the backplate to the required depth then held in place by the locknut, that is how its adjusted. Vince
By ronnie
Hello, I have a C/O that I am rebuilding, I am missing the speedo angle drive and the gear wheel for the shaft, do you happen to know the ratio inside the angle drive, and the number of teeth on the gear wheel, so I know what parts I need to get thanks Ronald
By Meteorstorm
The pin is a rollpin,easily obtained (google) and cut to length,have you removed the nut before inserting the drive?that should give another 1/4" that the gear should enter the backplate and may then engage .

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles