This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By mick charles
Hi all .new to this .have had a couple british enfields before.
Recently purchased a 63 500 sports twin. In bits .
Having trouble setting up the back wheel .everytime I put any tension on axle nuts the wheel just gets tight and can't turn it. Not sure if I am missing any bits( as the parts book doesn't show much and I can't find anything on line. Have just put in new spacer. But to me it seems like a spacer or washer is missing .on right side ).behind the sppedo drive. Pic enclosed .or if anybody has any pics to help me out .much appreciated. Stay safe .any info appreciated .cheers mick from Tasmania
Attachments
20210806_120244.jpg
20210806_120244.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1673 times
20210806_120058.jpg
20210806_120058.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1673 times
By mick charles
Have ordered parts .hopefully can fire up and be on road soon. Seat almost done. Sort this rear wheel .couple little things .๐Ÿคž. Ready to go.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
By mick charles
Hi received spacers today .thankyou.but no difference. With or without the one behind speedo drive .๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜”. Anyone in aus want to buy a frigging nightmare . Doing my head in. Cheers all.
By Bullet Whisperer
Just a thought, but your speedometer drive looks like an Indian one and I seem to remember them having a very slightly different fit and spacing requirement, when used on rear wheels to their original British counterparts. Might be worth checking?
By mick charles
Hi guys .and thanks. Upon closer inspection. The speedo drive has markings which read .Harrison's steel drive. Would this be Indian?. Also I think the backing plate (brake) is an aftermarket. Poss Indian. I was sold this bike in good faith and told was all good .๐Ÿ˜” have tried different size shims and spacers to no avail. Due to this bloody virus .we are experiencing lockdowns .and unfortunately unemployment .so parts will have to wait. Unfortunately. Thanks all for advice .cheers mick.
By Adrian
The Harrison's drive is one of (many) Indian after-market speedo drives . Those half-width hubs are also still available from India too.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles