This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mann
I got a nail in my rear Tyre on my 2018 C5, I have got the wheel off but cannot for the life of me get the tyre off, not even with three tyre levers (400mm long each of them). the bead on the tyre will on move slightly inwards, even a C clamp with wood on each side of the tyre wall barely moves the tyre. Any tips welcome!!

The tyre says it is tubeless on the side wall but i believe it will have an inner tube in it, can anyone confirm?
By Haggis
Yes it will, in all probability, have an inner tube.
You need to remove the valve core and make sure you have the tyre bead, on both sides, free and sitting down in the well of the wheel.
Some makes of tyre can be stupidly tight to get off and on.
I find Avon almost impossible to do by hand.
By AndyMc
Don't beat yourself up. Some on here will claim to be able to do it with a kitchen fork and a sharp fingernail, but when I tried it with decent levers, my inner tube resembled a moth eaten sock.
Garage job!
By stinkwheel
If it has spokes, it has an inner tube. Unless you have paid a lot of money to have one built with spokes to the outside of the rim lke they do on some BMWs.
By black fingernail
I have successfully removed old, rock hard tyres by using a dozen or so large zip ties (the bigger the better), threaded around the tyre and pulled tight, pulling the beads together with the tube inside, the hard bit is getting the first one around. With a good dollop of washing up liquid as lubricant, with a bit of grunting and swearing, they come off surprisingly well.
There are a few 'how-to's on you tube.
By stinkwheel
I've removed old, hard tyres by cutting all the way round the middle with a set of tin snips then removing them in two bits.

But presumably the OP wants to repair his tube and continue using the tyre?
By Mann
Thanks for the replies guys, its an Avon trye with plenty of tread and I want to keep it. Its a standard spoked wheel and when i put some air in to the tyre it then leaks out quickly around the spoke edges so i am sure it has a tube that is punctured.

Tried to get it off again tonight with no luck so i'll be taking to a tyre place in the morning hopefully. my previous experience is doing Vespa tyres where the rim splits in two and and the tyre comes off in about 10 seconds! mind you i used to get a puncture on those 8" wheels every month or two! the innertubes were a patchwork work of art.
By windmill john
Mann wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:34 pm
my previous experience is doing Vespa tyres where the rim splits in two and and the tyre comes off in about 10 seconds
Changing tyres on a Vespa is sooooo beautiful. I had a T5 and as you say, just unbolt the rims. The easiest job on any motorcycle.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles