This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
Wondering if anyone has come across a small diameter analogue voltmeter that will fit in the place of the standard ammeter on a bullet casquette?

Plenty of voltmeters out there but they are all 52mm diameter ones designed for car dashes, I haven't been able to find a 42mm one that'll slot into the existing hole.

I've eliminated the battery from the bike which has rendered the ammeter redundant but it would be great to keep a check on the voltage, especially after an incident yesterday (still under investigation) where it was putting out over 20v and popped over £50 worth of LED bulbs.
I was really after an analogue one. I could probably fit a digital one into an old ammeter housing...

That does make me wonder how large the internals are on a lucas style 52mm voltmeter though. Wouldn't be a big job to trim down the faceplate if all the guts would fit into an ammeter housing.
By Davedup
I have one of these built into an old ammeter case fitted to my Super Meteor, also had enough space to fit an indicator repeater
Attachments
IMG_20200119_154902153.jpg
IMG_20200119_154902153.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 943 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles