This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By singleminded
I would replace the front tyre in any event. It's done a decent mileage, so it wouldn't hurt to renew it. You may, in doing so, solve your problem. Damage can occur to the inner structure of tyres, such as when hitting potholes, which is not always visible externally.
By jawa-enfield
Yes, the felt washer and retainer thingy were present but i don't think it will hold back fluid grease.
Besieds that swapping any India-bearing for a normal one is better.

The rear wheel/hub bearing, all 3 are fine...
I can remember the original ones in the rear wheel collapsing. I checked if the distance bush was the same length as the space between the bearing seats and it was not. Hence the bearings getting a lot of strain when thightening the rear spindle.

More people encountered this phenomenon..
By jawa-enfield
Changed the 3 bearing in the rear wheel to be sure (they did service for about 80.000 km.s)
But the strange steering stays..
Not all the time though, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Cannot feel play in the swingarm.
Cannot feel play in the - again adjusted- steering head.
I replaced those bearings 2 years ago.
Is it possible they are already defect??
By jawa-enfield
vince wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 am
Hi, have you checked if the frame has broken? Vince
Yes, was a little scary but could not find anything..
What would be the palce of suspect besides the steering head?
strange is it happes sometimes, not with every corner?

I did not lower or alter the tyre pressure. Mostly i have 3,0 Bar rear and 2.5 bar front..
By vince
Hi, Ive had two frames through the workshop that broke. One under the gearbox and the other through the tube above the swingarm area. The break under the gearbox was not obvious until the frame was stressed ie someone sat on the bike and the crack opened. Vince
By jawa-enfield
vince wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:36 pm
Hi, Ive had two frames through the workshop that broke. One under the gearbox and the other through the tube above the swingarm area. The break under the gearbox was not obvious until the frame was stressed ie someone sat on the bike and the crack opened. Vince
This is very worrying.. Was there a special reason they broke?

And was it possible to weld them?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles