This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Bikehunter
Hi all,
Will be fitting a DNA Filter soon, but before I do, just wanted to know from any of you if I should fit the Booster Plug?
I know there's debate on it being effective but I'm concerned that the mixture is already lean!
By Chris H.
You don't say which model Classic 500
The Euro 3 engines are much more sensitive to filter and exhaust changes and you may have issues.
The Euro 4 ECU is able to adjust itself for free-flowing filters and exhaust.
I found the fueling improved when I fitted the air delete kit.
By Haggis
You can't fit a booster plug to a euro 3 as there is no air temp sensor.
I therefore assumed the op has a euro 4...?
By RoSy
I have recently fitted a DNA filter along with Hs free flowing silencer and haven't noticed any real difference, well apart from it running with a bit more oomph and a nice snorting bark on the hills, I have checked the plug for colour and all looks good. This is on a euro 4 Classic, no booster plug.
By Grumpy Rider
I have a 2019 euro 4 classic 500 with our hosts 'goldstar' silencer, I recently purchased a booster plug from our hosts after much deliberation, given the many differing views on the subject!!
I can say that on my bike no more popping on overrun and a smoother throttle particularly at slower speeds (less snatching) so I'm pleased as thats what I wanted to achieve, I don't know if mixing the booster plug with a DNA filter and a less restrictive exhaust will in real terms give any extra benefit or not but I would love to know if anyone has done this.
By Ragnorrk
Because the intake is restricted by the size of the opening in your airbox cover, i.e., your snorkel or the hole where the snorkel was if you removed it, you won't have to modify anything. It must be re-tuned if it is removed, but simply replacing the filter with a "high flow" filter is not sufficient. That's what 2WDW told me, according to my notes. The K&N was installed at less than 4,000 miles before I learned of this. I still have the stock one if you're interested in getting it for a great price.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles