This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
HI from South Korea.

My Enfield is Indian made 2006 cast iron 5speed ES model.

my Enfield set by long stroke crank and 535 piston. so power is better than standard.

so I put 20t gearbox sprocket for use plenty of engine power.

However, I`m very satisfy current gear ratio, but sometimes when I pull throttle much more,

clutch is slipped, which mean the engine rev getting higher but bike doesn't go further.

I tried adjust clutch several times already (there was no problem) and this problem happened after modifying gear ratio.

In my opinion, the modified gear ratio is started after clutch. and that makes engine power slipped at clutch.

If I use standard gearbox sprocket and change the engine sprocket for modifying gear ratio,

may the clutch slip will reduce?

I`m waiting for masters.

thanks for read!
Hi, 1. As you changed the gearbox sprocket its possible you have assembled the plates incorrectly, ie the dished plated have been reversed , which will reduce the contact area. 2. The three bolts may have come loose . 3. Did you put the springs in the correct order? Alternate thick/thin. Finally was the clutch working correctly before you changed the sprocket? Vince
I'm not even sure you can change that sprocket on the ES model as it came with a gear stuck beside the sprocket.I put a larger engine sprocket on a Lightning model(only minus is you need a longer primary chain too),which eases the torque transmitted to the clutch like you're thinking and that also allowed me to lighten the spring pressure,it's a good solution. No slip with F type atf,light spring pressure helps,and raise gearing all at the same time.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles