This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By RocketRR
Hi all ref the Royal Enfield safety recall for calipers seizing :-
Recall numberRM/2020/016

Recall date20-05-2020

Recall typeSafety recall

The recall document confirmed first action brakes to be checked and cleaned then a caliper replacement would take place 2021, has anyone heard anything as of yet as my rear caliper has seized three times now.
How can a safety recall not be completed as promised?

Written to moto gb let's see what the reply is??

Keep checking those brakes !
By RocketRR
Received this from Moto GB so good news

The Twins calipers are available. The Himalayan Calipers are in production at the moment and you will be contacted via the DVLA once we have received them. We are waiting for Royal Enfield for shipping details.
By Noodles
So, I was told at the time that the rebuild was super urgent, but the calipers would be done at my next service when the calipers were available.

Booking my service now, so we shall see.
By Nitrowing
A year for an urgent recall? :shock:
If I loved the bike, I'd slap a GSXR caliper on there and be done. Otherwise I'd be on to Trading Standards and wanting my money back!
By RocketRR
To be fair I think the global pandemic might have slowed things its just a shame there was no updated communication or further interim measures.
RocketRR wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:25 am
To be fair I think the global pandemic might have slowed things its just a shame there was no updated communication or further interim measures.
The dealer I bought mine from has communicated with me from the start. Fully explaining the situation and offering to service the existing calipers should they become faulty. It's easy to blame the pandemic, but as I mentioned in a previous post, Enfield managed to manufacture complete new bikes (Meteor) and get them shipped into UK showrooms. Can you imagine the outcry in the motoring press if a new model Ford was released and suffered the same issue. It would be in the major night time television news, I kid you not.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles