This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Artistav8r
I ride a 2015 Classic 500 EFI with 10800 Miles since new (I’m the original owner). I’m aware with most of the weird noises that come from the engine, but there’s one that I’m not familiar with. (I’ve checked and adjusted the cam backlash and had a look at the valves, and all that is absolutely fine). This noise is more of a rattle and occurs when the engine is under load. Haven’t been able to duplicate it when the bike is on the centre stand. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas. I’m not sure what the symptoms of piston slap would be on this bike, but I imagine that’s a possibility. Compression is good and it’s not burning oil, so if this is just another Enfield noise, I’d like to put my mind at ease about it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Cheers
By mdb500
Hi my 500 Bullet 2016 model started to make noises at 42000kls , it was due for a decoke so i thought I would trace the noise , while i was at it . The noise which was only apparent after a run , not when cold . The noise was was coming from the primary chain side . on taking the side cover off all looked ok , so i gave a tug at the parts to see if there was any unusual play in them .the starter clutch moved out on the central bolt 4 threads , the washer had been spinning around on the central bolt , wearing away the threads . while i was checking, tried the clutch basket , also the central locking nut was loose . this was assembled in the factory , and not torqued to spec . Im the original owner . Could have been nasty ! hope this may help you , wouldnt want the same thing to happen . Would like to hear how you go !

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles