This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Thanks for any clues or info in advance. I just purchased an Old Royal Enfield Twin. I was lucky to actually get original Indian manuals for 1955-61 Trailblazer and Tomahawk. Repair and overhaul manual and a parts list book. #m-1120? Also 55-60 Royal Enfield Indian Trailblazer & Chief parts list book. Listed as 56-00133 on this book. It’s a complete rolling motorcycle in rough shape. The frame number was embossed 4759 on the side. The engine # as best as I can tell was SM 1705 and under that was stamped HD JT or 7T with 27 on the end of that . All on the lower front of the crankcase. Wondering what I really have here. Gas tanks have been painted over soon badges visible. It is a rolling complete bike with an extra gas tank and extra real wheel. From previous communication to the REOC. North America to Larry Graham and then passed onto Ernie Pegutter in Canada this letter was about numbers sent but not included on this letter returned about said cycle. He replied that it appears to be a 1955 Super Meteor engine possibly a Indian Model. Ignition for 55/56 SM engine is SR2 mag and alternator...That said all factory manuals from a Speed Center, USA Inc in Costa Mesa California are titled Trailblazer and Tomahawk 1955-61. Anyone have an idea based on frame and engine numbers what I have here? Also neatly handwritten on the Indian parts list book is 692cc and also 1955/56=54”WB... and 1957/59= 57” W.B. Must be stating well base lengths there. Purchased from a Local neighbor here in Oklahoma and has been in family for years and at one time the husband/ brother had it running . Thanks for any info and any information on how to translate this framework- engine numbers. With some cleaning and getting it out of the barn with better light will help on ID numbers being more clear! Thanks Richard.
The Super Meteor was a UK model from 1956, joined by the Constellation from 1958. It would have been sold in the USA as an Indian Trailblazer, but essentially the same motorcyle. There was also the Super Meteor-based Indian Chief as well as the 700 Indian Apache. the Royal Enfield name appeared again in the US after a few years starting (I think) with the 500 Fury single in 1959. The Interceptor 750 twins were all sold under Royal Enfield's own name in the USA.

This site might be of help.

www.re-indian.com

Otherwise, please could you post a picture here?

A.
Richard
The frame number will be stamped on the left side (sitting on the bike) of the headstock. The embossed number on the right side is the part number of the headstock casting.
The engine number will be stamped on the left side crankcase just below where the barrel and crankcase join.
The numbers stamped low down on the front of the crankcase are the gearbox numbers which are also stamped on the top of the gearbox.
There are two other numbers stamped on the crankcase, the same three figure number is stamped on each crankcase half and show that the two haves are a machined match pair.
Send the frame number, engine number and gearbox number to Graham Scarth at graham.scarth01@gmail.com
who Will be able to identify the bike from factory records.
Richard

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles