This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By johnboy53
Further update on my little problem with wiring. As I noted before, I changed ammeter and reused the two pin connector. All power restored and bike running fine. A few trips later, I'm chugging along, pleased with myself and how the Bullet is running when, oops, engine cuts out and no electric power again. So off with the headlamp and luckily I'd decided to keep my little loop of wire in my pocket for just such an eventuality. I bypassed the ammeter again and got myself home after my roadside bodge. (feeling a little pleased with myself for forecasting further trouble) But what was the issue? After much fiddling, I discovered that the connector didn't when wiggled a certain way, I couldn't see why it should move around on the road but it was too risky to rely on it again so I decided to cut it off and join the wires with an electrical terminal block which uses screws to grip the wires. A bit crude and a fiddle to attach but that seems to have secured the wires for now. However I'm keeping my little loop of wire and small screwdriver handy in my tool kit just in case ;)

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles