This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Bampton Bomber
Hello,

I am considering changing the stock exhausts to the Reverse Cone Mega exhausts that are sold by our hosts.

I can't find anything on Youtube etc that shows what these sound like and/or how to fit them.

Also, I am interested to know if there are 'covers' available to hide the join between the silencer and the header pipe.

If anyone has experience of buying and fitting these exhausts I would welcome your views/feedback.

Thanks
By Wheaters
I fitted a reverse cone megaphone to my 350 for a while. I found it just too loud for comfort and so I removed it. It was loud enough to set off some car alarms.
By Wheaters
I now have a high level “Woodsman” type exhaust so there’s nothing I could personally recommend for your bike, I’m afraid.

However, I have always loved the look of those long, shallow cone Dunstall silencers with the flat back. I first saw the design on 1970s BSA and Triumph twins.... and I think they’re available for your model of bike. ;)
By Bampton Bomber
Hitchcox have now advised that there isn't a cover available with this exhaust for the 650 Interceptor to cover the join between the silencer and the header pipe.

Therefore, I think I have narrowed down my search for a silencer to the Norman Hyde Peashooter and the Max Torque Cans Reverse Cone.

Does anyone have either of these silencers fitted to their bike and/or a view as to how good they are?

Thanks
By GSSTEVE
Hi , sorry to the hosts of this forum but i have just fitted a set of TEC cannon silencers, top quality Stainless steel and sound fantastic and have an optional shield that cover the join between silencer and downpipe. Easy to fit with the instructions given. Also have removable baffles and shed a lot of weight from the originals.. I love them...
I get most parts from our hosts as they do a great selection of RE Parts, top guys.
Steve

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles