This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Warren
My 350 ci bullet (2000) has my heart broken.
She will start on the first, sometimes second, kick but God help you if she’s allowed to stall.
After a stall there is absolutely no way she’ll start again.
Dry, change plugs; check spark; check timing; clean points; check fuel; check battery power; check kill switch. You name it, it gets checked but it will not start.
I’ve tried the flooded-start routine - no good. I’ve tried the running bump start - no good.
Try next day and bingo! Off and away.
What am I missing?
All the standard things are spot-on. (Timing, plug and point gaps etc)
I have the standard mikcarb (new) with a trumpet air intake.
All ideas appreciated.
By Andy C
First thing I would do is change the spark plug for a new one if you have not already done so.
By Wheaters
Possibly set too rich at idle.
Possibly flooding. Check the float needle assembly is working properly.
By Chris [Stockport]
How does it start when warm? And when hot?
Mine both need a different amount of throttle if it's been running.
Might be worth an experiment?

I just hold mine a bit more open than usual... no dramatic twisting the throttle and revving or anything.

Good luck!
By Andy C
Warren so that's the plug eliminated.

Did the these problems start all of a sudden, or did you change something?

What sort of plug lead and cap are you using - if a supressed cap I would change it - these can cause problems, I always used to use a non supressed cap on my Bullet.

Just a thought.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Chris [Stockport] wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm
How does it start when warm? And when hot?
Mine both need a different amount of throttle if it's been running.
Might be worth an experiment?

I just hold mine a bit more open than usual... no dramatic twisting the throttle and revving or anything.

Good luck!
Which just goes to show how "contradictory" Bullets can be. My 350 would start first time when hot if you kept your hand away from the throttle altogether, with both Mikarb and Amal.

Would I be correct in assuming that once hot, your bike has plenty compression ?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles