This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
It seems to have a different japan-style mounting on the tank..
I think i have the carburation now close to okay and with the 19T sprocket i dare to cruise 100km/h. Accelleration in 4th seems okay? But maybe i unwilling comapre irt with teh diesel
From the higfhway it is indeed a lot of changing between 3 and 4.

If you tell me 18T is better, i shouldn't be pigheaded and will do so..
For information, I just fitted a pingel tap designed for a Harley Davidson using a 1/4NPT to 1/4BSPT adapter (which had to be drilled out a little to fit). After a bit of a hiccough in which I tore the in-tank filter and had to solder up a new one, I've got it fitted. These taps are expensive. This one was £70 second hand, they are around twice that new.

I just put 4.5 litres of fuel into the tank then timed it emptying back into the can through the tap (including the reserve setting). It took 3m 10s. That makes a flow rate of 1.4 litres per minute!
RIMG0653.JPG
RIMG0653.JPG (965.25 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Wotcha.

I've had an Accralite piston in my Bullet since 2007.
I've got one of the early Italian alloy barrels and the piston rattles about like a marble in a tin can.

On the plus side, I know it ain't going to seize. Oil consumption is just the same as it was with the normal piston.
After 2500km the piston rings should have bed-in.
Also the valves and valve guides were renewed.

No valve stem seals were present and not installed by me. (should i maybe?)

Oil consumption is more then 1 litre on 600km.

No excessive smoke, engine performs well, spark plug is heavily fould and needed replacement.
Attachments
bougiebul2.jpg
bougiebul2.jpg (141.07 KiB) Viewed 2525 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles