This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Allanfox
To fit one of our hosts breather kits I need to unscrew the alloy 'collar' on the oil tank that the screw in cap/dipstick screw into, had a quick go and is very tight (very tight), can I ask anyone that has fitted the breather kit how you got the collar out with out damaging it (needs to be reused)?
Try a blowlamp around the relevant part of the crankcase to expand the alloy. You'll have to get in with the Stillsons (!) or mole grips pretty quick as the existing filler neck, also being alloy, will heat up almost as quickly. You probably WILL mark the neck in removing it, but it will should clean up OK with a file and some emery strip, or you could replace it with the earlier type which takes the bayonet fitting oil tank cap.

A.
Thanks, bit of heat and bar on the Stillsons and it came off. Bit chewed up so ordered a new one along with the breather kit.

Just need to find a bolt to plug up the gearbox spigot hole and will have everything to fit the kit and see if it solves the problem.
Haha, sorry oil tank spigot hole, think you said it was close to 1/4 BSP? I can just tap and plug the spigot up with a bolt for now and locate something nicer if it all works out, the big if!!!!! :-)

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles