This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Jamesy
An absolute significant improvement in braking after fitting the Ferodo front disc pads.Very glad I purchased them of our hosts.
By Nitrowing
Jamesy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 am
Its crazy that other bikes I have had with the same twin pot disc brake would throw me over the handlebars if I pulled as hard on the brake lever as I do on the Enfield classic.It can only be the pads I am thinking.
Depends on the disc. A stainless steel disc is pitiful compared with cast iron one. Bet your bottom dollar that someone in accounts chose the cheapest option.
By windmill john
Yes the Classic 500 brakes are (initially) not as good as many other bikes I’ve ridden.
But... one might argue they are safer for newbie bikers who may grab a handful with all the consequences.

I generally when needing to slow down use the front brake as per norm. With my 500 I just need to throw in a bit of rear brake.

Although I can confirm that the brakes work well in an emergency situation. Unfortunately had to test this once.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles