This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
I'd appreciate your help

I'm confused, I've changed from having a Rev counter and speedo to a nacelle arrangement.

The wiring is confusing me from the Nacelle (speedo) I have the following
Red wire-??
Blue wire-Main Beam ?
Black wire- Earth
Black/White tracer- LH Indicator
Black/ Blue tracer- RH Indicator
Grey- Dial light

Much of the wiring diagram from the Electra X manual doesn't show the wiring colours

Also the ignition switch has
Blue /white tracer-Feed out to Ammeter ?
Black - Earth
Red- Feed
Blue - ? not sure it's used

The plug that connects to the ignition switch is a 4 pin connector with a Red wire and a Red/yellow tracer one connects to the red and the red/yell connects to the blue/white tracer wire is that correct the black and blue aren't connected.

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_8387.png
IMG_8387.png (8.74 MiB) Viewed 728 times
IMG_8393.jpeg
IMG_8393.jpeg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 728 times
IMG_8392.jpeg
IMG_8392.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 728 times
I used to own an XS like yours, with the separate speedo and Rev-counter (not a Casquette). I believe Watsonian (the importers at that time) did the original conversions from casquette; you could ask them what they did with the wiring...?
It would make sense if the wiring loom on the Electra-XS was the same as used on the later 350 AVL (electric start) Indian home-market Thunderbird, same TCI ignition, same twin-clocks, etc, so it might help you to compare what you have with what the normal Electra-X models were fitted with if you can track down the relevant Thunderbird wiring diagram, ignore the ones with the earlier CDI ignition or the later UCE Thunderbirds.

As for the Electra-X manual, I'm looking at the wiring diagrams in section 07-3 and 07-4, and the colours are clearly labelled, which manual are you using?

I can't think why anybody would want to revert to the casquette headlamp after having a proper top yoke and instruments, but I should probably refrain from chucking any more petrol on THAT fire! The XS was, I believe, a limited edition model, but never mind.

When you swapped all the parts over, did you keep the XS top and bottom yoke, steering stem nuts, headlamp brackets, top shrouds, etc? If so I might be tempted to offer you a few quid for them.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles