This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By vince
Hi, interesting comments. As an aside my Redditch manual for 350 bullet states front 18 psi, rear 23psi and with pillion 32psi but the tyres of the day were of a different construction. The sidecar tyre is quoted at 16psi which seems horrendously low. Vince
By Wheaters
I own a lightweight two seat trials car which was built by myself. The tyres supplied by the manufacturer were Avon Safety Mileage II, actually crossply motorbike tyres as some will know. No guidance was given on tyre pressures (there was no build manual at the time I built mine) so I used 26 front, 28 rear, which used to be fairly common for motorbikes. It was quite skittish. I later met the designer/manufacturer and because I’d tuned the engine beyond his own factory demonstrator he asked to test drive it. He came back and was impressed how well it went but asked what tyre pressures I’d used. When I told him he told me to let them all down to 18 psi. That’s all they need!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles