This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By windmill john
Just trying a mk1 on my bike using existing throttle cable.

350 2002 Bullet

With the monobloc fitted, the cable adjuster was virtually all the way out.
The concentric slide would only go down half way at most.
Adjusted the cable for maximum length and the slide goes much further, but not far enough.
Is there a longer cable for these; well, longer inner cable I should say?
If you see the picture, that throttle opening (engine side) is way too big I’m sure. I’m not even going to start as it’ll rev like a banshee.
I might be wrong, but any carbs I’ve fiddled with are virtually shut at tickover.
Attachments
6B09026E-4A2B-4965-A6A5-3A399A509CB6.jpeg
6B09026E-4A2B-4965-A6A5-3A399A509CB6.jpeg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 1104 times
By Bullet Whisperer
Hi John, another ting to check is if the throttle opens all the way - so many I have seen don't, due to insufficient twistgrip movement. Try opening the throttle all the way [engine off!] and then pull downwards on the outer cable at the twistgrip to see if there is more slide movement available.
By windmill john
Hi Both,
All good with the correct cable... my fault. The inner cable looked identical, but it wasn’t until I compared them side by side. About a 5 or 6mm difference in length.

Throttle turns well and there is a noticeable improvement in breathing.

This 900/930 carb is for 500s but it rides well. Interesting, a little boggy if you give it a decent twist, which points to main jet too small! This is a bigger bore carb, so I initially wouldn’t have thought so, but a plug chop at a later date will confirm.

Mounting nuts virtually finger tight. Any tighter and slide sticks.

Here’s a video of tickover. I pulled over only after a short while. Checked it again after a mile or two and now at a better slightly higher rev than seen in the video; too low, engine stressed.

https://youtu.be/MZSz_QoYk-0

John

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles